Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror: Greatest Hits 1991-2003 (2004)


GREATEST HITS FORTNIGHT (FEBRUARY 6-19, 2012)

I have no idea why I have this compilation. I'm not much for grunge, much less two disc's worth. I never owned any of the band's albums and have only heard 6 or 7 of the 33 tracks here. I'm not saying it's a bad album (I've read nothing but good reviews with occasional valid complaints about compression/clipping), it's just not my thing. I can tell you that the liner notes are nonexistent, which is inexcusable for a greatest hits compilation.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #16

Tracks: I like most of the songs I remember from the radio in the '90s: Alive, Even Flow, Jeremy, Daughter, and Betterman. Some I remember, but I'm not wild about, including Yellow Ledbetter and the cover of Last Kiss.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None, but for some reason, I want to watch Singles again (was that movie really released that many years ago?!?).

No comments:

Post a Comment