Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Najee - Share My World (1994)


Najee isn't as good as Grover Washington, Jr., but he isn't as bad as Kenny G. His R&B flavored urban jazz music isn't adventurous but, if nothing else, he's consistent. What's surprising: I have 6 Najee CDs in the collection. What isn't surprising: I bought all of them used. Harmless.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #163
Peak on Billboard R&B albums chart: #23

Tracks: The best tracks here are Now That I've Found You (the only song from this CD to make it to 1998's The Best Of Najee), Joy, Heart Like Mine, and Saleemah's Dream. You're better off skipping the tracks Laid Back, I Didn't Know, and (G) Street.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Morning Tenderness (1998)
Najee's Theme (1986)

No comments:

Post a Comment