Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Take 6 - Brothers (1996)


Probably my least favorite Take 6 CD of the 7 I currently own. Even so, a bad Take 6 album is still better than most other gospel music. By this time in the group's career, I bought each new release hoping they would return to the a cappella gospel sound of their first album. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case here. What a waste of talent.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart
Peak on Billboard R&B albums chart: #71

Tracks: There are great covers of Earth Wind & Fire's Sing A Song (secular) and Paul Davis' Do Right (even though the lyrics are scripturally unsound). Of the other tracks, I like You Don't Have To Be Afraid and Delilah. There's no a cappella number, although there's a nice a capella break in the otherwise mediocre Can't Stop Thinking 'Bout You. Other than that, I don't care for any other tracks, mainly because they sound like they could have been recorded by any other R&B vocal group.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

No comments:

Post a Comment