Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Najee - Morning Tenderness (1998)


Smooth urban jazz from saxophonist/flutist Najee. The keyboard player on this CD is nicknamed "Big Juicy" which I think is an awesome nickname.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart
Peak on Billboard R&B albums chart: #65

Tracks: I don't necessarily mean this as an insult, but the music sounds pretty much the same. Lots of heavy bass and female background vocals. For the most part, Najee has a nice saxophone tone quality until he tries to play in the upper register, then his sound gets sharp and pinched. There's a couple of tracks with vocals which I could do without on this type of CD, although Indian Summer isn't too bad.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None. This is another smooth jazz CD I purchased used solely for background music at work. To that end, Najee music is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment