Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Everything But The Girl - Missing (1995)


CD single

Pop/folk duo Everything But The Girl handed over a track from their 1994 album, Amplified Heart, to house music producer Todd Terry. He remixed the cut and it not only became a huge international dance hit for the band, it changed the direction of their music. Following the success of this single, the duo started releasing only house music.

Tracks: The Todd Terry Club mixes are all good. I'm not a fan of the Rockin' Blue or Full On Club Mixes. Even though I like most of the dance tracks, my favorite version of the song still remains the relaxed, mellow album version, which is also included here.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: This CD reminds me how I gave up on the group when they changed styles. I bought the follow-up to this single, but quickly sold it back to a used CD place. As far as new music, I was done with EBTG. And, after listening to 6 versions of the same song, I'm reminded why I no longer purchase CD remix singles. What am I? A club DJ?

No comments:

Post a Comment