Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Down to the Bone - Cellar Funk (2004)


This is a fun, upbeat listen. Down to the Bone is an instrumental acid jazz group from the UK. Acid jazz combines smooth jazz with samples, hip-hop, and other production tricks over dance beats. It's what most people would call an "acquired taste" but I like it in small doses. I can't take more than one CD at a time. Still, it's great music to get me up and moving some mornings.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: They pretty much all run together to me. They're all good, but no one track sticks out as being better or worse than any others.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I can't remember how I heard of this group, but this was the first disc of theirs that I purchased. I remember listening to it in my office around May of 2004, during my last semester to teach in the public schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment