Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

They Might Be Giants - Factory Showroom (1996)


To be honest, while I consider myself a fan of TMBG, I only like about half of their music. To me, they're hit or miss. In any case, they certainly are prolific: they've written and performed over 500 songs, most appearing on their popular Dial-A-Song. This release contains 13 of the 500.

Billboard, October 19, 1996, p. 61

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #89 (Oct 26, 1996)

Tracks: Favorites included Till My Head Falls Off, Exquisite Dead Guy, Metal Detector, Spiralling Shape, and Bells are Ringing. Tracks I usually skip include XTC vs. Adam Ant, James K. Polk

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I saw the group tour in support of this CD in 1997. My friend Scott and I stood at Numbers in Houston for the entirety of the show. That's when I realized that I was too old to stand in one place for that long.



No comments:

Post a Comment