Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Liz Story - Speechless (1988)


Note: this release was originally purchased as a cassette, later replaced by a CD.

I don't listen to much New Age music, but I have to admit that I enjoy this solo piano release. It is very relaxing, but more melodic than most new age music. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing these recordings were mainly improvisations. For years, I tried to find a CD copy. Once the Internet began to catch on in the mid '90s, I was able to find a copy online.

Press of the time:
  • Billboard: "thoughtful, moody solo pieces will please older, new-age oriented fans"
  • Gavin Report: "seven fine solo piano pieces"

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: Only 7 here. While I'm never tempted to skip any tracks, I'd have to say my favorites are Forgiveness, Hermes Dance, and Back Porch.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: In the spring of 1989, I was a graduate student studying music education at the University of Texas at San Antonio. Twice a week, I would drive from my downtown job at the San Antonio Symphony out I-10 to UTSA. Once I found this cassette tape at the Half Price Books on Broadway, it kept me company on many of those trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment