Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Barenaked Ladies - Stunt (1998)


I couldn't tell you what drove me to purchase this CD. One Week is a strong single, but I wouldn't think it was strong enough to warrant a CD purchase. Maybe it was on sale at Wal-Mart. In any case, I'm glad I picked it up because it's a fairly solid effort. Evidently, this was later re-released with a bonus disc, but I'm not that much of a fan. It's a good CD, it's not a great CD.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #3 (July 25, 1998)

Tracks: One Week, Alcohol, Who Needs Sleep, and She's On Time are all great songs and irreverently humorous at the same time. Light Up My Room is a sleeper pick - it has a beautiful simplicity. Call and Answer was released as a single, but I think it is one of the weaker cuts. Some Fantastic and When You Dream are a forgettable way to end an otherwise strong album.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: In the late '90s, I stupidly took on a home improvement project that involved sanding and painting all the cabinets in the kitchen. I remember this CD keeping me company while I primed and painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment